I have made the decision to exclusively breastfeed my baby for as long as I can. Sadly, I’m not getting that much support from my family – particularly my mom and aunts. They keep on saying that I would my milk supply won’t be able to suffice my baby because; 1. I am a working mom, 2. My baby is a big boy and needs more milk compared to that of a baby girl. It’s kind of frustrating to hear that especially from your own mother. Anyway, I just shrugged it off and told her that I will still try my best to exclusively breastfeed my child whether they like it or not. The only consolation I got is that V is very supportive of this idea. Think about the nutrients that my baby will be getting from my milk and of course the moolah that we’ll be saving since we’re not buying any formula milk – we all know how expensive formula milk is – so the more we can save for baby, the better.
Now, I know it’s not that easy. For one, I have inverted nips, so that alone serve as big challenge for me. So what’s a mom like me got to do? Lo and behold! there are breast pumps, which I think would really help me on my quest to breastfeed my baby. The problem is, there are a lot of them and as a first time mom, I am totally clueless as what should be the specifications of a good and efficient breast pump. Well, I only have three concerns; 1. It should be efficient in expressing milk, 2. It should be sturdy but breast friendly as well (meaning it would not hurt my boobies), 3. It should be within reasonable budget. Unfortunately, I haven’t found one yet. Sure, I would die to have the Avent electric breast pump. The product reviews were really impressive, but I have to admit that at this point their price is still waaaaay beyond my budget. There are also brands like Medela, Lansinoh, Chicco and a lot more – waaaah, so many to choose from.
For mom’s out there, any suggestions for a very good electric and manual breast pump? I would really, really appreciate your help! TIA! J
"The hardest thing is loving someone and then having the courage to let them love you back."
No comments:
Post a Comment